"Be Your Own Superstar!"
RED RIBBON WEEK OCTOBER 22-26, 2012
“CELEBRATE RED RIBBON WEEK--”Be Your Own Superstar”
RED RIBBON WEEK IS HERE! Together we can keep our children safe and living a healthy lifestyle. Our voices continue to make a very real, positive impact on drug abuse prevention for good health. This year we want to encourage everyone to have personal responsibility and make healthy decisions to become leaders and superstars in today’s world. Please take a few minutes to mark your calendar for the RED RIBBON WEEK EVENTS. Parents, community members please plan to march with us in the parade 10:00 Wednesday.
***ACTIVITIES FOR RED RIBBON WEEK***
· Monday Oct. 22—“NO MONKEYING AROUND WITH DRUGS CAUSE WE’RE BANANAS OVER BOOKS”: Everyone wears a YELLOW SHIRT OR YELLOW HAT. Bring a NEW or GENTLY used children’s book to donate. See back for more information.
- Tuesday Oct. 23-“HIDE AWAY FROM DRUGS”: Everyone wears a Camouflage Shirt with favorite uniform pants, shorts or skirt.
- Wednesday Oct. 24—“MARCH AGAINST DRUGS”: Students, faculty and parents will march down Wilson Blvd. to show support for being drug-free. Students can make banners, noisemakers, signs, and artwork. Everyone wears RED for Parade Day. ******10:00am*****tentative time.
Uniform pants/shorts/skirts must be worn
- Thursday Oct. 25—“HAVE A HAIR RAISING DAY & SOCK IT TO DRUGS”: Everyone wears crazy hair (NO COLOR) and crazy socks.
Uniforms must be worn.
· Friday Oct. 26—“FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS: DON’T DO DRUGS. ”: Everyone dresses in pajamas for dreams, no drugs day. Teddy Bears OK too. Please bring tennis shoes for PE.
Red Ribbon Week Service Project
October 22-26, 2012
“We Are Bananas Over Books!”
We are asking students and families to donate new and gently used children’s books. These books will be given to local Pediatricians, Dentists and Orthodontists to give away after a child’s check-up visit, to promote literacy in our community.
The class donating the most books for the project will receive an extra recess with an ice cream.
Ansleigh Lazenby and the Red Ribbon Committee